The next A 2nd Act Grant Application
portal will open on June 1!
Here are some things to consider for a little advance prep:
1. All grantees must be 18 years of age or older and legal residents of the state of Arizona.
2. Grantees must be the creators/founders or co-creators/co-founders of a social impact organization, or concept, the original idea for which was conceived by the grantees. Also eligible are returning to school for a clearly defined purpose or manufacturing a produce, again with a clearly defined purpose.
3. Grantee must be a woman survivors of ANY cancer, although the 2nd Act concept can address ANY social need.
4. If the Grantee’s 2nd Act be an Organization, the Organization must have LESS than $10,000 in assets at the time of filing.
5. The Grantee may be: 1) a legal entity that has received and maintains 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service; 2) hold a formalized, written fiscal-sponsorship arrangement with a legal entity that has received and maintains 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service; or 3) may still be developing and refining its operations or programming, but must be able to articulate clear and recognizable mission, scope of work, goals, and budgets; 4) may be an individual, again with a clear and recognizable mission, scope of work, goal, and budget.
6. The Grantee’s 2nd Act must be independent and autonomous, and must not be substantially supported by, or serve the purpose of promoting, religious or political organizations or beliefs (as determined by Grantor in its sole discretion). Grantees’ 2nd Acts that were started under the direction of an existing third-party organization (i.e., any entity other than that created by the Grantee) do not meet this requirement and are ineligible for a grant. Organizations with a Fiscal Sponsor may still be considered autonomous and satisfy this requirement as determined by Grantor in its discretion.
While you’re waiting (and for a little inspiration), take a peek at our Purple Tribe’s stories, amazing examples of 2nd Acts told in our annual fundraising storytelling event, S.T.A.R.S: Survivors Tell A Real Story!