We have been experiencing technical difficulties with grant submissions. If this happens to you, fear not! After you have completed the application, either save it as a PDF or word document and email it, along with all supporting documents, to grants@A2ndAct.org. We’ll confirm that we received them.
Grantees must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- A grantee must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the state of Arizona.
- A grantee must be a woman survivor of ANY cancer, although the organization or the individual’s work can address ANY social need.
- Grantee: 1) must be the creator/founder or co-creator/co-founder of a social impact organization, the original idea for which was conceived by the grantee(s); or 2) must be requesting funds to apply to an accredited institution to further their education; or 3) must be the originator of the idea for which they are applying (i.e., a book, blog, website, etc.)
- At least some of the beneficiaries of the grantee’s work (individual or organization) must be demonstrated as being Arizona-based. For example, a book might written here to assist Arizona citizens, but have readers outside of the state. That project would qualify. However, an organization whose work will be conducted solely in another state would not qualify.
- An individual must demonstrate financial need for this grant; an organization must have an annual budget of LESS than $10,000.
- An individual or organization must be independent and autonomous, and must not be substantially supported by, or serve the purpose of promoting, religious or political organizations or beliefs (as determined by Grantor in its sole discretion).
- Pertaining to organizations only, they may be: 1) a legal entity that has received and maintains 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service; 2) hold a formalized, written fiscal-sponsorship arrangement with a legal entity that has received and maintains 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service; or 3) still developing and refining its operations or programming, but must be able to articulate clear and recognizable mission, scope of work, goals, and budgets.Organizations that were started under the direction of an existing third-party organization (i.e., any entity other than the Organization created by the nominee) do not meet this requirement and are ineligible for a grant. Organizations with a Fiscal Sponsor may still be considered autonomous and satisfy this requirement as determined by Grantor in its discretion.
- The grant application period begins 6/01/2019, at 12:00:00 AM PST. Grant applications must be received by 7/31/2019, at 11:59:59 PM PST.
Grants will be determined by: a clear mission and description of the scope of the individual’s or organization’s work [35%]; potential impact of their work or their organization’s work on their community [25%]; whether they or their organization have/has an innovative approach that addresses its objective in a unique way [15%]; letters of support [15%]; whether they or their organization has a clearly defined budget [10%].
Each Grantee will be required to execute grant-acceptance documents. Grantees will also be required to appear at an event hosted by A 2nd Act, including press, videography and photography, to formally accept their grants.